AYSO Region 5 Volunteers
AYSO is a volunteer-run organization. Coaches, referees and administrators are volunteers. Over 220,000 parents, neighbors, relatives and friends lend their time and talents so that each child gets a terrific AYSO experience. AYSO’s volunteer foundation ensures that it’s all about what’s good for kids. It also makes AYSO very affordable. AYSO operates in a business manner, but volunteers ensure its “profits” are happy, healthy kids playing a sport they can enjoy for life.
AYSO has developed special training that helps parents who may have little or no soccer experience quickly gain the age-appropriate knowledge and skills they need to be effective coaches and referees. It also has unique administrative and management training.
This ensures that each community program:
• Abides by the AYSO philosophies
• Offers a great AYSO experience
• Continues to grow, offering the AYSO opportunity to more children
It only takes a few hours to become qualified as an introductory-level coach or referee. But if you’re not able to commit even that much time, there are many small jobs you can help with. Even a couple of hours each season are an important contribution to your team and Region!
AYSO training doesn’t stop as long as you’re having fun. Referees, coaches and administrators have clinics, workshops and other advanced training available to advance their skills.
- Head coach and Assistant Coach
- Division Coordinators (Program Managers)
- Referee and Assistant Referee, Youth Referee
- Board member and Assistant Board Member
- In-Person Registration Event Helper
- Field setup
- Team Mom (must be verified by team coach once team is formed)
- Special Events Staff (Opening Day/Picture Day and Volunteer Appreciation Day)
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Marketing Coordinator
- Fund Raising Coordinator